Simplicity, comfort, and beauty distinguish this one of a kind mid-century gem from John Rattenbury and the visionary minds of Taliesin Architects. Nestled on almost two acres of park-like grounds, this Frank Lloyd Wright inspired home combines stunning architecture, master craftsmanship, soaring open spaces, and abundant natural light, all in complete harmony with its surroundings. Perfect for entertaining and daily living.
Enter through a custom teak doorway to the two-story grand entrance hall. Eyes are immediately drawn upward to the sculpted teak and gold-leaf ceiling, just one of the gorgeous custom features to grace the home. An awe-inspiring 25' three-story teak lighting pendant connects all three levels.
Entertain on a grand scale in the formal dining room, or enjoy conversations with guests in the stunning living room. Natural light streams through the glass walls and highlights the rich textures of the teak parquet floors. Italian marble surrounds the 8’ gas fireplace.
Gourmet chefs will be enthralled with the kitchen! Plentiful custom cabinets and granite counter tops offer room for storage and adventurous cooking. Loved ones can gather around the center island or enjoy casual meals in the separate breakfast area.
Relax in the family room, which features a sunken wood-burning fireplace, high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, a wet bar, and access to a wrap-around terrace and the swimming pool. The flat-screen TV and other audio/video components are hidden from view.
For the ultimate in relaxation, retire to one of seven spacious bedrooms with full en-suite baths. The private master suite is your personal oasis. Dual dressing rooms with custom built-ins provide abundant storage. Features of the dual bathrooms include marble counters and showers, terrazzo floors, sunken terrazzo tub, sauna, and steam showers. A guest wing with two en-suite bedrooms can be used for in-laws or home offices.
The teak-paneled recreation room on the lower level is all about fun. Select a bottle from the wine cellar and gather around the wet bar (with second kitchen) or pool table or in the media area. Work up a sweat or enjoy a massage in the exercise room. The lower level also includes a laundry room and powder room.
Terraces off the living, dining, and family rooms offer ample spaces for outdoor entertaining. Relax in the heated Puliese pool, or embrace your inner child in the custom tree house
Situated on 1.8 acres on coveted Tower Drive in Upper Wyoming with winter NYC views, this home offers a chance to have it all: spectacular living space with extensive amenities in a thriving community, and it’s ready for you to move in and enjoy.
- • Mid-century modern organic design by John Rattenbury of Taliesin Architects - the firm that continued Frank Lloyd Wright’s practice
- • Interior design by John Hill and Olgivanna Lloyd Wright (Frank’s widow)
- Approximately 7000 square feet excluding the lower level
- • 7 bedrooms - 8 full and 2 half baths
- • Property Size: 1.8 acres
- • Beautifully finished across three levels with a flowing main living area and exceptional leisure space
- • Roman brick exterior with pre-cast concrete copings and patterned copper fascia
- Covered front entry
- • Paved driveway with additional parking for up to 10 cars
- • 3-car attached oversized garage with secure delivery area
- • Multiple terraces and balconies including a terrace off the dining room with built-in grill
- • Custom designed tree house and pergola
- • Heated Pugliese pool with waterfall and whirlpool
- • Professional lush landscaping with underground sprinkler system
- Coveted location in the Upper Wyoming neighborhood on a quiet level street that encourages social engagement with multiple gatherings including block and holiday parties
- Built: 1968
- • Stunning interior features include terrazzo and teak parquet floors
- Roman brick and teak-paneled walls
- High ceilings
- Teak cabinetry and built-ins
- Custom lighting and 36 skylights enhanced with hidden bulbs
- • 1 gas and 2 wood-burning fireplaces including two with Italian marble surrounds
- • Gourmet chef's kitchen including custom wood cabinetry - under-cabinet lighting - granite countertops - Roman brick and teak backsplashes - Thermador cooktop with copper hood - separate SubZero refrigerator and freezer - dual ovens with warming trays
- • Finished lower level with recreation room including full kitchen and wet bar - media area – exercise - powder and laundry rooms - wine cellar - additional storage - utility space and garage access
- • Master bedroom suite includes dual dressing rooms with teak built-ins and two bathrooms with Italian marble
- sauna - terrazzo sunken tub - steam showers - and bidet
- Guest wing with two bedrooms and two baths plus private access
- • Second-floor guest bedroom/study with wood-burning fireplace
- • Three additional bedrooms with en-suite full baths and balconies
- • 6-zone forced hot air and central air conditioning
- • Built-in audio system
- • Security system
- • Option to purchase the house furnished with custom-designed and other original furniture and artwork